Anderson Big Ten Player of the Week

Senior guard was named the Big Ten Player of the Week for the third time this season Monday and fifth time in her career. Anderson had a memorable week in leading Wisconsin to three victories.

Anderson started the week Monday by scoring 14 points while shooting 50% from the field in UW’s 79-65 win over Northwestern.

Wednesday was a night to remember for Anderson. Wisconsin beat Indiana by 30 points with Anderson scoring 18 points and 10 boards for her 25 double-double. That night she also broke Alando Tucker’s one-year old scoring record of 2,217 career points.

Anderson wrapped up the week Saturday by leading Wisconsin to an upset over rival Minnesota at Williams Arena. She scored 21 points against the Gophers and averaged 17.7 points per game for the week. She now has 2,243 career points, good for eighth all-time in Big Ten history.

With the three wins, the Badgers pushed their conference record to .500 for the first time all year at 8-8. While UW still sits in eighth place in the standings, it’s only one game back from being in fourth place in a crowded standings. Wisconsin also currently has the longest winning streak in the conference at four games.

Wisconsin has two games remaining on the season at Michigan on Thursday and home against Iowa Sunday. If UW should win its final two games, it still has a chance at getting a first round bye in the Big Ten tournament.