Newspapers Abandon Bush

You know, Hunter has alluded to this, and Salon points out the good work that Editor and Publisher magazine (a non-partisan trade rag for you journalists) has pointed out that only two Democrats have ever won the majority of endorsements in this country.

Since in this election Kerry is crushing Bush and won many “flip-flop” newspaper endorsements (papers that endorsed Bush in 2000 and now endorse Kerry) it’s interesting to see how Bush’s campaign has spun this.

They claim they can’t win the major newspaper editorial boards over and by saying that they’re clearly playing into the false “liberal media” assumption made by, well, a lot of people.

But as was stated before, in 2000 Bush had a 2 to 1 margin on Gore for major newspaper endorsements.

So in the last 60 years only Lyndon Johnson in 1964 and Bill Clinton in 1992 won more endorsements than their Republican challenger.

What does that say about where Bush is today? Why has he so completely lost the support of the media? Is it because he can’t fool them like he has about 46% of the public right now?

This isn’t a “liberal media” issue. This is an “informed public can’t support a lying, inept president” issue.