Bush Blew It

OK, obviously a first(ish) impression.
Kerry cruised. His answers were generally tight. I don’t know who decided on the two minute, 90 second format but it clearly favored Kerry who sounded concise while filling his time and Bush sounded lost at sea trying to fill the void.

Bush blew at least three rebuttal responses where he could have made much better points than he did but stuck to his script instead. Sure, I heard portions of the Kerry stump speech in there, but his rhetoric was simply better.

This debate keeps Kerry in it so strong Bush is now on very dangerous ground. It’s his election to lose and lose it he will.

Kerry kept his tone calm and focused; Bush sounded like the whiny defensive 80 lb. intellectual weakling he truly is.

About half an hour into the debate Bush nearly lost it. He began to sound very defensive, leaned over the podium too much and pounded his fist repeatedly, while also losing his train of thought over and over.

This is not one of those “Ha, Bush is dumb!” arguments. This is the heart of what a polticial debate is supposed to show us. It shows us a leader who dislikes being questioned. A man who cannot react to pressure in a logical or concise manner. A man who, frankly, is completely unfit to lead.

Kerry kept it together, kept it tight, and wiped the floor with Bush.

Way to go! Now we have ourselves an election.