The nation’s largest fully independent student newspaper located in Madison, WI. The Badger Herald publishes bi-weekly print editions while providing 24-hour online coverage.
The Herald strives to present objective news, entertaining sports and arts coverage and insightful editorial stances that reflect the interests and tastes of UW-Madison’s student community. In the process, we also hope to train the next generation of student journalists for success in any of life’s paths.
152 W. Johnson St. Suite 202
Madison, WI 53703-2017
Phone: +1 (608) 257-4712
Fax: +1 (608) 258-3029
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Letters to the editor are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the form below. Letters should be 300-500 words and provide name, relevant position information and student year, status and major if applicable. Publication is based on available space and takes into account relevance and quality. Submissions may be edited by the Herald accordingly. Unsigned letters will not be published. Please include your reply e-mail address with your submission.
8 Reasons to work at the Herald
1. Get a byline in an award-winning newspaper.
2. Beat the Cardinal at "organized sport."
3. Get free tickets to shows in Madison.
4. Gain real-world experience working in a newsroom.
5. Hang out with talented people.
6. Birthday hugz.
7. Write about stuff you like.
8. Lifelong bromances.
Available Positions (For Spring, 2014)
- A managing editor to lead our digital teampaid
- News editors with an eye for web-friendly storiespaid
- An editor to head our brand-new news commentary sectionpaid
- Photo staffpaid
- Page/Graphic designers
- Reporters and writers for news, sports and arts
Come meet our current staff and have all your questions answered at one of our open house sessions:
Sunday, Nov. 24 at 4 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 25 at 6 p.m.