If Kerry’s a flip-flopper…

…how come everybody knows where he stands? The Program on International Policy Attitudes, a joint program of the Center on Policy Attitudes and the Center for International and Security Studies (University of Maryland), has released poll results indicating that voters who favor Bush (as well as swing voters) tend to misunderestimate Bush’s foreign policy positions, while Kerry voters and swing voters are fairly accurate about Kerry’s own positions.

Majorities of Bush supporters incorrectly assumed that Bush favors including labor and environmental standards in trade agreements (84%), and the US being part of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (69%), the International Criminal Court (66%), the treaty banning land mines (72%), and the Kyoto Treaty on global warming (51%).

[snip]

Steven Kull, director of PIPA, comments: “What is striking is that even after nearly four years President Bush’s foreign policy positions are so widely misread, while Senator Kerry, who is relatively new to the public and reputed to be unclear about his positions, is read correctly.”