Jobs Better, Poor Still Screwed

So the jobs report came out today, and Republicans are sure to point to it as a) Bush’s tax cuts creating jobs and b) signs that I am an economic girly-man.

While it is true what Schwarzenegger said, that America always finds a way to recover, I’m positive it isn’t Republicans that will lead us to that recovery.

This article shows how the poor in this country are increasing, and the numbers of Americans without health care are increasing.

http://www.economist.com/agenda/displayStory.cfm?story_id=3146724

Fact is, creating jobs (and the Labor Department has no idea what kind of jobs were created) is more than numbers. It’s about quality, benefits, room for improvement among other considerations.

Am I an economic girly-man? No.

I just know that Wal-Mart jobs are not going to solve the average American’s problems.

Bush has no plan to revamp the economy to change with global concerns. He thinks the market will do it for him.

It won’t. Or it will, but it will be straight to the bottom. The global market is an equalizing engine. We will average out, globally, not on a high level, but in a mid to low level (by American standards) unless choices are made about how we want to live. Letting the market choose it means forced overtime, no raises, no benefits, and a rich get richer, poor get poorer environment.

That probably pleases, or at least doesn’t disturb most Republicans, but the rest of us are rightfully worried.