What you won’t hear from Bush tonight

According to GlobalSecurity.org the dreaded 1000th death milestone in Iraq has already been surpassed.

Will you hear that tonight in New York? No.

GlobalSecurity acknowledges that they use information posted by the Army that indicates that the families have not been notified so officially, the count is under 1000, yet in real terms, there are 1012 U.S. soldiers dead, and this August was the deadliest month in Iraq.

My good friend Mark is in the Special Forces and riding a convoy into Iraq from Kuwait as we speak. I’m very, very afraid for his safety.

The link if you want to read it yourself is here.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_casualties.htm

Frankly, Bush has no exit strategy. I don’t think Kerry has articulated a great one yet either, but the mess that is Iraq is not being remotely solved or adequately addressed by this administration.

This is the war we need to address and this is the most pressing issue of foreign policy we are facing today. The horrorshow that is our response to terrorism under Bush cannot be overstated.

There is no worse President for us in this time and no worse idea than invading Iraq created by a President in my lifetime.

The 1000th death in Iraq is a tragedy and the where to point the finger is obvious.

But will it resonate and how will it be played by the media? We’ll have to wait and see.