Latest “Brave” trailer beautiful, but lacking in detail

The most recent trailer for Disney’s upcoming Pixar movie “Brave” has been released, and yet the plot is still as ambiguous as it was two trailers ago.

Very little information has been revealed as to what lies underneath “Brave’s” gorgeous visuals and theme of self-empowerment. We see the main character, Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II”), struggle against the expectations of her overbearing mother (voice of Emma Thompson, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II”), the Queen Elinor of Scotland. While Queen Elinor tries to prepare her daughter to be a well-mannered princess, Merida much prefers her bow and arrow to the tight dresses her mother forces her to wear.

The trailer is visually stunning and promises to deliver even more of the quality computer animation that Pixar has come to be known for, and even in the brief clip scenes of Scotland’s breathtaking scenery look like HD footage. However, the plot of “Brave” is still fuzzy. We see Merida make some kind of deal to change her fate with a magical cauldron and a rival kingdom threaten war with Merida’s, but details are nonexistent.

This most recent trailer’s purpose is to draw audiences in with “Brave’s” production values and downplay the fact that its plot is still not clear – it just might take a trip to the theatre to attain clarity.