Costumed guitarist shreds it at the Rave

buckethead.jpgAs far as off-the-w

all stage tricks go, Buckethead (or Brian Patrick Carroll, as his parents probably called him) ranks u

p there with the Blue Man Group and Marilyn Manson. This show is sure to be entertaining, because for this guy it’s all about the presentation. For one thing, he literally wears a bucket on his head while performing. In past years it was a KFC chicken bucket with a bright orange FUNERAL sticker plastered on it, but recently he has taken to wearing a plain white bucket.

His long, unruly black hair frames an emotionless white drama mask, giving him a ridiculous yet haunting appearance. His main devotion, though, is to his music. The fact that over 40 famous rock and metal artists have chosen to incorporate him into their albums pays hom

age to his incredible guitar playing talent. Despite his off-the-wall look (or perhaps because of

it) he has earned himself many devoted fans. Guitar Player Magazine raves, “His psychotronic, demonic edge is very, very far removed from the clich?s of classical metal and rock. A real talent to watch.” Come experience the groundbreaking, marvelous, and quick-fingered styles of this seasoned guitarist. You may get shivers, but you won’t be disappointed.

Buckethead performs at The Rave in Milwaukee on Wednes

day, Sept. 16. at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $25 by phone at (414) 342-728 or online at www.shoptherave.com.