Coffehouse Blues at Mother Fool’s

Prepare to be transported back in time to the 1940s and 50s, when fedoras were all the rage and blues music (not retail giants) ruled Chicago. Blues frontman and harmonica player Oscar “43rd Street” Wilson is performing at Mother Fool’s Coffeehouse on Williamson Street this Friday. With a height of 6’3″, a hefty build, and a booming voice, Wilson has an unsurpassed stage presence, and those who have seen him perform know that he is equal parts entertainer and musician. Inspired by blues legends such as Muddy Waters, Howlin’ Wolf, and Jimmy Rogers, he has devoted his entire life to studying, practicing, and performing blues music. He is backed by A.J. Love, Madison’s own talented blues guitarist, vocalist Queenie McCarter, upright bassist Chris Boeger, and drummer Billy McDuffee. So come out to Willy street to hear rock and country in their mutual original form and as it is meant to be heard: in the styles of the greats.

Oscar Wilson sings the blues at Mother Fool’s Coffeehouse this Friday at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $6 at the door.