New Hump Day entry

Hump Day: I love my ex. We can’t ever seem to really break up. The sex is so great! We fight, but then makeup…. I can’t seem to leave him. What should I do? -Distressed and Horny.

It’s clear you two aren’t in love and my advice is to go with this. Having sex be the focal point or foundation to a relationship often ends disastrously; this explains the ‘make-up and break-up’ cycle of your relationship. Don’t get me wrong, sex is very important (if not the most) in a relationship and I’m a firm believer that sex is the soil that the tree of love grows out of. But you two seem to be lacking in the complimentary stuff — like the roots a tree needs to grow. You two should sit down over coffee and have an honest conversation about what your relationship really ought to be — a ‘fuck buddy’ relationship. This way you two get to keep what works, the amazing sex, and eliminate the stressful ups and downs of trying to force a relationship. Keep it simple. This resolution will go one of two ways: 1) the sex will get better and you’ll grow closer, realizing that your bickering was only getting in the way of something potentially beautiful or 2) the sex will go south, lose its luster, and you’ll both realize you’re better off apart. Who knows, maybe this will relax the two of you to the point where you start noticing other attractive things in each other that previously had gone unnoticed. It’s time you two relax and maybe laugh at your relationship instead of force it. Whichever way you two decide to go with this, it’s important that you start communicating before you start fucking — not after.