Beatles in video game form?

According to [this](http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/10/30/the-beatles-rock-band-makers-to-release-new-video-game-in-2009/) article from Rolling Stone, the Beatles are soon to hit a new medium – the video game. Meant to span the prolific band’s entire catalog, this game isn’t just a “Guitar Hero” knock-off, it’s going to be an “experiential journey” through the band’s music. Apparently, the game was developed with input from Paul McCartney, Yoko Ono and Ringo Starr. I’m having a hard time swallowing this one. Sure, it’s been confirmed, but…seriously? Sure, the Beatles have done some crazy movies, but video games are a whole other realm. What are they trying to do? Granted, scores of adults will buy this game, and it may just hook an entirely new generation into the band’s music (this, though, hasn’t really been a problem thus far…). Avoiding the words “sell out” – although this is basically what I’m getting at – could this be any more of a blatant attempt to squeeze money from what has always been a rather prosperous legacy?