UW Football Season Tickets Have Been Mailed Out

MADISON, Wis. – As of Wednesday, all tickets had been mailed out priority mail through the U.S. Postal Service. Postal officials expressed confidence that mail sent out from Tacoma on Wednesday should arrive by Monday.

A new printing and distribution company — Globe Ticket and Printing — out of Tacoma, Wash., is in its first year of handling the UW ticket printing account, taking over the account through a low bid process, which for years had been handled by Williams, Weldon and Lick of Fort Smith, Ark. Many reasons contributed to the delay in getting the UW football season tickets mailed out, including that fact that Globe is in the process of closing its plant in Tacoma and moving to Franklin, Pa. Tickets were supposed to be mailed out starting Aug. 3, but that process didn’t begin until Aug. 10, jeopardizing the UW-Madison order as a result.

“For a variety of reasons, things were delayed,” said Corbin Hunt, the UW-Madison assistant athletic director in charge of ticket operations. “I’m sure there is some chaos there with some personnel leaving. The bottom line is that it puts us behind the eight ball and we have to take responsibility for it.”