Best campus bar

Located at 603 State St., State Street Brats provides a very interactive atmosphere for its customers, as well as two spacious floors filled with party seekers on drinking nights.

According to general manager Matt Goetsch, the secret to Brats’ success is the style of their specials, not just low prices.

Goetsch said one popular special is Tuesday night “Flip Night.” Customers compete against the bartenders in a coin toss for each drink. If the customer wins the flip, the drink is free. If the bartender wins, the drink costs full price.

Goetsch said customers usually save an average of 37 percent for the entire night, which is less than people can save at other bars, but it is much more fun.

“It’s like gambling,” Goetsch said.

Goetsch said Wednesday Wing Nights are also very popular. He said people can get wings for 15 cents apiece and choose from a variety of gourmet sauces.

Brats regularly holds raffles for prizes.

For Valentine’s Day, they held a “nuts and bolts” contest, giving all the men bolts and all the women nuts. Customers had to find their match to win prizes.

In addition to providing a great place for hooking up on late nights near campus, State Street Brats is also expanding into the coffee business. The bar has recently added new coffee machines to expand their diverse menu.

Brats is also a Big 10 Network carrier. Brats has seen a profit spike since fans have been forced to leave their homes to see the games.

“The public is probably pretty mad about it, but it’s good for business,” Goetsch said.