Lakefront on Langdon

[media-credit name=’JEFF SCHORFHEIDE/Herald photo’ align=’alignnone’ width=’648′]LakefrontLangdon_JS[/media-credit]Lakefront on Langdon, located right next to the Memorial Union Terrace, is one of the most convenient stops between class and State Street. It just so happens to be one of the most delicious stops as well. Lakefront is a Wisconsin Union Deli, so there are many a la carte items that can be found across campus. This consistency is great for those of us that like to keep our eating habits on a regular schedule. On one visit, many other students paced the cafeteria, deep in the terrible dilemma of what to put in their empty bellies, as Lakefront offers pizza, sandwiches, all manner of salad and even a Mexican-themed flight of culinary fancy. I decided to go with Thu's Fan Dim. I just knew that if anyone could be trusted to do Fan Dim right, it would be Thu. I took the first bite of my stir-fry and was completely shocked. It was like being transported to the Orient on a magic carpet. It was as if someone had handed me my food just as he had gotten off a plane from Shanghai. The savory chicken and delicious brown sauce were almost too much for my taste buds to handle. It's made-to-order, so picky eaters can have no fears. There was a bit too much garlic, but it all combined on my palate to complement itself in a wonderful way. It was as if the flavor was a tangible force, filling my stomach and remaking my existence into something more whole. Did I take any psychedelic drugs? No. Did I have a psychedelic experience? Absolutely. What an unbelievable meal. If you like getting your mind blown by the most elegantly crafted gastronomic innovations on campus, or if you just want to experience food that is so good it should be used in psychological warfare, then you should definitely make a visit to Lakefront on Langdon.