Fair Trade Coffee

In a world of Starbucks, Wal-Mart and Exploit-o-shop, what could make your heart feel better than a tall mug of Fair Trade Coffee? Screw puppies.

Fair Trade offers a bustling, yet comfortable eating environment occasionally interrupted by yells like, “turkey and cheese sandwich!” More than the laid-back, hip setting, Fair Trade boasts a dizzying array of slightly pricey, yet delicious coffees. From the “Americano” to the “almond joy mocha,” they consistently offer a brew that will entice that ex-girlfriend you secretly still have a crush on out to a lunch date.

If you’re famished and need a light meal, don’t be scared off by the thick plastic wrap in the display. Those sandwiches are fresh and are begging for a good toasting. They’re topped with perfect bread and stuffed with cheese that fills your taste buds with dairy goodness. I don’t know whether a sandwich can be fairly traded, but if it can, I’d offer my Joe Nathan rookie card — because we all know he loves a good turkey and cheese. But if you really want a sandwich to make your eyes roll to the back of the ol’ noggin in ecstasy, go with the toasted omelet. Say what you will about hipsters and bearded pseudo-intellectuals — they know what to put between two pieces of bread.

So the meal was a little skimpy, and you need a sinfully delectable dessert? The cheesecake is always a solid bet, but I’d recommend the Irish cream bar — goes down smooth. Now that you’ve gorged yourself on some fine dining knowledge, go forth and order your coffee, eat your sandwich, and gosh darn it, feel good about your place in the global economy!