Best Lecture Hall: B10 Ingraham

[media-credit name=’BEN CLASSON/Herald photo’ align=’alignnone’ width=’648′]Grainger-002-BC[/media-credit]We live in a world of dueling lecture halls, and in the battle for the hearts and minds of students, one looms over the rest. In the dank basement corridors of Ingraham hall lies a behemoth in comfort, "sitability*," and just plain style — all the stuff they don't teach in lecture hall school.

With cushy blue seats, ample legroom and a spread design that helps prevent aisle clogging, thousands of students celebrate Ingraham B10's glory every day they don't skip.

"Ingraham B10 is my favorite lecture hall, bar-none; greatest place I've been in my entire life," one student who wishes to remain anonymous said shortly after class.

You know, there are all kinds of elitist lecture halls who thought they deserved this honor. They claim to be more ornate or reside in more modern buildings. In fact, as I prepared to write this review, angry calls from nearly every room in Grainger flooded my answering machine. All of them whine about the superiority of their air filtration systems and those cool swivel chairs that just got put in. But the people have spoken, and they prefer a lecture hall that can relate to the common man — that hasn't forgotten where it comes from. B10 is truly a lecture hall of the people (namely, steel girders, various lengths of wire and concrete).

* See badgerherald.com for sitability index

B10 Ingraham Hall: 396 votes

1100 Grainger Hall: 381 votes