The Worst People on Campus

Update: The Badger Herald has removed the names of the individuals previously listed here. We don’t have the resources to continue fact-checking and adding the additional 200 or so names that have been submitted to the newspaper since the initial publication of “The Worst People on Campus.” Because of this, it would be unfair to single out the three dozen people previously listed on this page.

Please see the statement on the matter from the editorial board.

Wisconsin had 5,800 student tickets to sell. They went up for purchase on uwbadgers.com at 9 p.m. Sunday and were sold out by 9:20 p.m.

The above students had the nerve to put their Rose Bowl tickets up for sale on Facebook Marketplace within two hours of tickets selling out. Face value was $150. Some were trying to get the tickets for more than $400 a pop.

Truly, there is a special place in Hell for people who buy Rose Bowl tickets with the sole intention of profiting from them. It is entirely unfair to those who actually love this football team and were counting on a cheap face value ticket in order to make the trip to Pasadena an economic reality.

We ask this of UW Athletics: Next time, make it so people have to pick their tickets up at the bowl site. That will keep the worst people on campus from cheating the system.

Editor’s note, 12:10 a.m., Tuesday: The comment section has been closed. All threats will be removed and reported to campus and city police. The original version of this piece was by no means meant to be a call to take action against the listed individuals, but simply a tongue-in-cheek commentary about an unfair ticketing practice, and we apologize it was taken as anything more than that.