Biden in Madison, accuses Walker of ‘drinking Kool Aid’

In true fashion, Vice President Joe Biden spoke feisty words at a private fundraiser for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Tom Barrett in Madison Thursday.

According to Biden, Republican candidate Scott Walker’s plan for Wisconsin is the same as the GOP party line, while Barrett’s approach is more nuanced.

“Tom’s opponent is right there with them, man! He’s drinking the same Kool-Aid,” Biden said, according to a White House press pool report. “I’m not making this up…in contrast, look at Tom. He has a detailed vision.”

Biden made similar comparisons to cult practices and the GOP when speaking of Minnesota’s Republican gubernatorial nominee at a fundraiser for Democrat Mark Dayton Tuesday, according to press pool reports from that event.

The Republican National Committee was unimpressed by Biden’s rhetoric.

“With over 77,000 jobs lost in Wisconsin since the passage of the failed $814 billion stimulus, another hollow stump speech from an administration that is more concerned about public relations than getting Wisconsinites back to work is out of touch at best,” Ryan Tronovitch, spokesperson for the RNC, said in a statement.

While stumping for Barrett, Biden also had an “Is this thing on”? moment while discussing the outsourcing of Wisconsin jobs.

“We want to reward people who manufacture things in the United States, in Wisconsin. Not to take them overseas to China and to other countries!” Biden said to an apparently silent crowd, according to the press pool.

Biden then countered with, “You’re the dullest audience I’ve ever spoken to.”

When the audience laughed, Biden added, “Do you realize how many jobs Wisconsin lost? It’s staggering!”

Biden’s visit comes a week after President Barack Obama held a rally that drew 26,000 people at the University of Wisconsin campus in support of Barrett and Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis.

However, the Walker campaign sees Biden’s visit as another attempt by Obama to insert himself into Wisconsin politics.

“Scott believes the people of Wisconsin – and not the president or his administration – should be picking the next governor of Wisconsin,” Jill Bader, spokesperson for Walker, said.

Walker also had a big-name fundraiser this week, with New Jersey Governor and GOP rising star Chris Christie showing his support for Walker at an event in Waukesha Monday.