State Street Chipotle to stay open late on Halloween night

Madison Chipotle among 53 college town locations with extended hours
Celia Hiorns

Chipotle Mexican Grill announced Oct. 18 that 53 of its top college town Chipotle locations will be open late for digital orders this Halloween, according to a press release. The Chipotle location on State Street in Madison is among the locations that will have extended hours Oct. 31.

This will be the first time Chipotle provides this late night opportunity to select locations, according to the release. The press release also confirmed the return of the annual “Boorito” Halloween tradition, with this year being its 23rd year.

In past years, the “Boorito” annual tradition has provided Chipotle Rewards members with a $6 entree when they use promo code “BOORITO” on their digital orders. The promo code is only valid Oct. 31 from 3 p.m. local time to close, according to the release.

Expansion of 211 hotline increases access to community resources through mobile app

The code is only available for mobile orders through the Chipotle app and at chipotle.com and it can only be used once per transaction, according to the release.

Chipotle is implementing this late-night dining option to target Gen Z customers, who they’ve seen a 30% increase in purchases after 8 p.m. on Halloween for the past two years, according to the release. Additionally, 81% of customers ages 18 to 26 reported interest in seeing Chipotle’s operating hours open until midnight.

The release also revealed that the first 100 digital orders placed from 10 p.m. to midnight, local time, will also receive an exclusive bottle of TABASCO “Scorpion Sauce.” The sauce is made with scorpion peppers, one of the world’s most intense peppers.

Individuals can sign up for Chipotle Rewards on the website to participate in next week’s Halloween promotion Oct. 31.