UPDATED: UWPD makes arrest in double homicide at UW arboretum

Victims were identified as UW doctor, husband

The University of Wisconsin Police Department has made an arrest in the double homicide at the University of Wisconsin Arboretum that was reported early Tuesday morning.

UWPD will be releasing a video with more details later this morning.

According to a Crime Warning sent out Tuesday, a jogger discovered two individuals lying in a ditch at about 6:30 in the morning.

The Dane County Medical Examiner’s Office identified these individuals as Robin Carre, 57, and Beth Potter, 52, both of Madison.

According to Channel 300, Carre and Potter were married, and Potter was a doctor at the Wingra Family Medical Center, run by the UW Department of Family Medicine and Community Health.

Shots reported outside University Hospital Emergency Department

Carre was pronounced dead at the scene while Potter was transported to a hospital where she died a short time later.

The UW Police Department is actively investigating the case, canvassing the neighborhood and following up on leads.

Currently, UWPD believes that this was a targeted incident and not a random act.

UWPD asks that anyone with information on this crime contact the Madison Area Crime Stoppers at (608) 266-6014.

UPDATE: This article was updated April 1 at 5:00 p.m. to reflect the identities of the victims. 

UPDATE: This article was updated April 3 at 9:22 a.m. to reflect the arrest made.