Catherine Lloyd announced as UW’s new chief data officer

Lloyd has 25 years of experience, previous positions at Harvard, University of California-San Francisco

The University of Wisconsin announced April 5 that Catherine Lloyd is the institution’s new chief data officer.

According to UW News, Lloyd has the backing of 25 years of experience working in higher education financial analysis and financial systems support and implementation.

Lloyd was most recently the director of higher education projects with Huron Consulting Group. According to their website, Huron is a global consultancy that increases clients’ growth by partnering with them and discussing strategies.

According to UW News, Lloyd has directed a variety of higher education projects related to subjects such as strategic planning, budget model redesign and analytics strategy.

Lloyd was also previously executive director of strategic program management at the University of California-Berkeley. She has held a variety of relevant financial and analytical positions at Harvard University and the University of California-San Francisco.

External review team will assess sorority and fraternity life, UW announces

Lloyd discussed her enthusiasm in joining UW’s team. She will be working with the Office of Data Management and Analytics Services team.

According to their website, the ODMAS team delivers reports and analytics to all units at UW. They utilize a method that works on providing a straightforward to access system. It also leads and operationalizes the Data Governance Program at UW.

On their website, ODMAS has sects devoted to reporting and analytics, data governance, information access and finding data.

The data governance section looks at what data sources exist, what data sources UW should capture and the management of that data.

The reporting and analytics section looks at the applications, tools and practices that facilitate data-driven work at UW.

The information access section looks at institutional data, such as student Information System, Budget System, Shared Financial System, Person Hub and Human Resource System.

The finding data tab is a lookup function for data.

Experts weigh in on UW System’s financial struggles

“I’m very impressed by all that the ODMAS team has accomplished to date and can’t wait to work with the team to deliver innovative solutions for the UW–Madison community,” Lloyd said in a statement.

McKinney Austin was previously serving as interim chief data officer of ODMAS. Austin will continue in his former role as associate director of ODMAS.

Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration Laurent Heller discussed Lloyd’s hiring in the press release as well.

“Cathy has an excellent record of program management and successfully delivering high-impact projects over her career,” Heller said. “She is the right person to advance the strategic vision of data management at UW–Madison.”