Charles Hoslet named Vice Chancellor for University Relations after serving as interim

Blank said “no one is better positioned” to expand UW outreach

According to a statement, Chancellor Rebecca Blank appointed Charles Hoslet as University of Wisconsin Vice Chancellor for University Relations Tuesday.

Hoslet, a UW Law School alumnus, has been serving as the interim since Blank appointed him to the position in August 2015.

Blank said Hoslet is well known across Wisconsin and “no one is better positioned” to continue expanding UW’s outreach relations.

UW’s search for vice chancellors underway, student leaders help screen candidates

Hoslet said in the statement he was honored to continue serving as the vice chancellor and will work to strengthen the university’s impact around Wisconsin and beyond.

“UW-Madison makes a major contribution to the fabric of our state in a variety of important areas, including education, health, economic development and quality of life,” Hoslet said.

As vice chancellor for university relations, Hoslet works closely with UW schools and colleges and manages UW’s stakeholder relations, communications, marketing and brand strategies, the statement said.

Hoslet received a bachelor’s degree from Marquette University before he continued onto UW Law School, graduating in 1986.

Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration to leave UW for similar position

Hoslet began his career serving as both deputy legal counsel and chief legal counsel to former Gov. Tommy Thompson. In addition, Hoslet also served as the executive assistant at the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs before he came to UW, according to the statement.

Prior to serving as university relations vice chancellor, Hoslet was UW’s director of state relations from 1997 to 2003. He was responsible for representing UW in front of the state Legislature, governor and executive branch agencies, the statement said. Between 2003 and 2013, he founded and served as director for UW’s Office of Corporate Relations.

Hoslet also serves on the advisory board of Competitive Wisconsin, Inc. in addition to serving as vice chancellor.