Former UW student stabbed, police say

A Madison woman was charged Tuesday for allegedly stabbing a 23-year-old former University of Wisconsin student near Camp Randall.

Police arrived at the 100 block of Lathrop Street after 2:30 a.m. March 14 to find the victim’s with a stab wound to his abdomen. Suspect Timikca Widener, 26, and friend Morena Taylor-Benell, 19, were arrested nearby.

According to the criminal complaint, the conflict stemmed from the victim’s loan of $250 from Taylor-Benell’s cousin. Taylor-Benell is the victim’s former girlfriend. The two women allegedly confronted the victim outside his home and demanded that he pay up immediately Thursday night. When the victim said he would pay her after spring break, Taylor-Benell repeatedly hit victim with her shoe and when he pushed Taylor-Benell away, Widener stabbed him in the stomach.

The victim was released from the UW Hospital after treatment to his abdomen and liver.

Widener is charged with recklessly endangering safety in the 1st degree and aggravated battery with the intent to commit great bodily harm. Her preliminary hearing is set for March 27 with bail set at $3,000. Taylor-Benell was charged with misdemeanor battery.