Badgers fall 21-14

ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Wisconsin’s bid at a come-from-behind victory against the No. 12 Michigan Wolverines at Michigan Stadium fell short Saturday when the Badgers failed to convert on fourth and 10 with under two minutes remaining giving the Wolverines a 21-14 win.

The loss drops the Badger’s record to 6-6 on the season. The Badgers need one victory to earn a bowl trip.

Wisconsin fell behind early after a B.J. Askew touchdown run of 27 yards. Chris Perry scored from 11 yards out after Anthony Davis fumbled on Wisconsin’s first offensive play.

The Badgers battled back behind the good running of Anthony Davis. Davis, who returned to action after sitting out last weekend due to a stab wound, ran the ball 26 times for 154 yards and a second-quarter touchdown from two yards out.

“That is the best I have seen him run since he has been here,” said offensive coordinator Brian White. “That was an impressive performance.”

The other Wisconsin score came in the first quarter with Wisconsin trailing 14-0 and seemingly fading. Jim Leonhard fielded a short punt, stepped right of a defender and exploded upfield to beat the kicker for touchdown on a 39-yard punt return.

Wisconsin had a late chance to tie the game at 21 after a Braylon Edwards’ touchdown gave Michigan the lead with 2:15 left in the third. Brooks Bollinger floated a ball to Johnathon Orr in the left side of the end zone with less than two minutes to play.

Orr got his hands on the ball but was unable to come up with the catch. Bollinger finished the game with 60 yards passing but had three potential touchdowns go through the hands of Badger receivers.