Anthony Davis stabbed; Lee Evans arrested on marijuana charges

The University of Wisconsin’s Halloween weekend, usually a festive weekend for students, was anything but that for two UW football players.

Sophomore Badger running back Anthony Davis was involved in a domestic altercation Saturday night, leaving the team’s leading rusher with a deep puncture wound to the middle of his left thigh.

Police arrested 22-year old Tiffany L. Spears on charges of recklessly endangering safety.

Spears was booked into the Dane County Jail, while Davis checked into UW Hospital, where he was treated and later released.

“I was notified about this incident Sunday morning,” said UW head coach Barry Alvarez in a statement. “I have spoken with Anthony. My concern right now is for his health. I don’t know whether or not he will play against Illinois on Saturday. As for the altercation, we are in a position of waiting until the incident has been investigated.”

In addition to Davis’ altercation, senior wide receiver Lee Evans was arrested Friday night in the village of Ridgeway in Iowa County on a tentative misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana.

Evans was stopped by Ridgeway police for speeding. He posted $100 bond after he was taken into custody and fingerprinted. The 21-year-old Evans was reportedly traveling with companions when he was stopped for the traffic violation.

Coach Alvarez gave no indication of possible action against Evans.

“I was made aware of Lee Evans’ situation this morning,” Alvarez said. “Lee has been a model citizen for us in our program for four years and we have not had a bit of a problem with him … I had a chance to visit him this morning, and we’re just going to let the legal system run its course, and I have no further comments on it and neither will my team.”