Obama voters staying home from work, school

[35 percent of voters who intend to support Barack Obama are taking the day off tomorrow, either to vote or volunteer](http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/one_third_of_obama_voters_plan_to_be_out_tomorrow), or very possibly to listen to Joe Scarborough and Chris Matthews dissect last minute polls and stump speeches. This is compared to less than six percent of McCain supporters who plan to take election day off. More specifics: 44 percent of black voters plan to take the day off, 23 percent of men and only 17 percent of women (likely because more men work than women), and 21 percent of those who have already voted are skipping work anyway. This can only be good news for the Obama campaign. All across the country, in precincts with lines stretching for hours, the Obama voters seem to armed with the most potent weapon on election day: time. This is the product of an inspiring candidate, who, if you’ll excuse my clich?s, can motivate voters to stand for hours on end, through rain, sleet and snow, to vote for someone they believe in. This is what Al Gore and John Kerry could not do.