Van Hollen staying on case

[The Grand Old Party won big today in court ](https://badgerherald.com/news/2008/09/25/attorney_general_to_.php)when a Dane County judge Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen to personally continue his lawsuit against the Government Accountability Board. This came in light of revelations that some of Van Hollen’s aides had discussed the lawsuit with the Republican Party before it was presented it court. Democrats, worried that Van Hollen, who is the co-chair of McCain’s presidential campaign in Wisconsin, brought the lawsuit with the intent of depressing voter turnout among Democratic voters, since the voters in question are only those who have registered since Jan. 1, 2006. Whether or not Van Hollen had been dismissed from this case or not, it would have very likely had no bearing on the conclusion of this case. It would have simply been taken up by an assistant attorney general, and the department would have pursued the case just as aggressively, I assume. What is truly infuriating is that the court set the date for the case on Oct. 23, two weeks before the election, meaning that if a mammoth voter re-registration must take place, it will mean wreak absolute havoc on the election process. I don’t know what this judge is thinking. I just hope the GAB has its act together.