College students v. food

Eating_LK
Professional \”Food Warriors\” and University of Wisconsin students gorged themselves on all the University Square Food Court has to offer at the National Food Court and Wisconsin Collegiate 2010 Eating Championship Saturday. Competitors were presented with unlimited trays offering large samples from each U-Square restaurant, and given a time limit of eight minutes. Collegiate champion first-year physical therapy graduate student Jeff \”The Boa\” Breunig (pictured above) ate about one-and-a-half trays of food at around three pounds per tray and said he was going out for ice cream to celebrate. Professional champion Ian \”the invader\” Hgickman ate more than two trays totaling more than six pounds of food.[/media-credit]
http://http://vimeo.com/6394642

Sep. 2, 2009: Sandwich King, Cowboy Bob take on the Big Fat Ugly Challenge
Madison’s newly opened Fat Sandwich Company offers heart attacks between sliced bread, or donuts, as it were. In the Big Fat Ugly Challenge, victims are to consume the $25, 4-6 pound monstrosity of a sandwich in less than 15 minutes. Should anyone succeed in this feat, the sandwich is free, a T shirt is awarded and everlasting fame is granted.

The Badger Herald’s very own Jeff Schorfheide, aka Sandwich King, and Bobby Breitenbach, aka Cowboy Bob, took on the challenge. Will they succeed?