LIVE BLOG: Wisconsin vs. North Dakota Men’s Hockey Game 2

Hello everyone, and welcome to The Badger Herald Live Blog for tonight’s men’s hockey matchup between the Wisconsin Badgers and the North Dakota Fighting Sioux. I am Brett Sommers, Statistics Editor of the Badger Herald, and I will be bringing you all of tonight’s live updates throughout the game.

It is game two of the weekend series between the two teams. Wisconsin took game one last night with an impressive 5-3 victory over No. 5 North Dakota. After last night’s action the Badgers enter play with a 2-3-0 overall record, 1-2-0 in WCHA play. The Fighting Sioux come in 2-2-1 overall and 0-1-0 in conference play.

Game one saw a fast pace from the drop of the first puck. Wisconsin jumped on North Dakota early in the first period, but North Dakota quickly knotted the game back up at one. The Badgers took the lead on a power play goal in the final minutes of the first period and never looked back, opening the game up early in the second period 3-1 and building a 4-1 advantage before the Fighting Sioux came back to within one, 4-3. Wisconsin was able to add one more goal in the second and keep North Dakota off the board for the final period, winning 5-3.

Tonight Joel Rumpel is expected to be in goal for the Badgers. Thanks again for joining me and enjoy the action.