Just win Wisconsin

Honestly, can life get any better?

First, T-Plush just made my year on Friday when he “tickled” that game winning, series clinching, history making single up the middle against J.J. Putz.

Euphoria. Can you ever remember it in your lifetime as a sports fan?

The Brewers are on the road to their first World Series appearance since 1982, the Badgers are on track to reach the BCS Championship game, the Packers look like the regular season team we knew the Super Bowl champs could be.

Which is why I reflect on how lucky I am to even witness a time like this. I don’t think there will be another period like this in my lifetime. Do you remember what it used to be like for Wisconsin teams like the Brewers?

The Brewers used to be horrendous. And I use that term lightly. Jeromy Burnitz, Richie Sexson, the big names and the bad years. The Brewers have had only had four winning seasons in my lifetime, not including this year.

When we sang “take me out to the ball game” when we were kids at County Stadium and Miller Park we used to sing “Root, root, root for the Brewers…if they don’t win it’s normal!”

People in our section did not enjoy those words.

Keep in mind; our generation has no memories of the bombers, the wall bangers or a single slice of past Brewer glory at the highest stage. Now the stage is set for the Brewers to return to glory and possibly bring the franchise its first ever World Series title.

The names of Fielder and Braun may forever be etched into Brewer lore. 1-2 punches like this come around once in a lifetime.

The Badgers don’t just smell roses anymore. They smell a national title. Russell Wilson has taken a very good team and made it a great team. Led by his strong arm, swift feet and enormous intelligence as a decision maker, Wilson is making his case as the best player in the nation. The running games just as strong as ever, the defense is holding steady and there is a strong possibility this team finishes the regular season undefeated.

The Packers are just returning to historical habits. After a shaky regular season run last year the defending world champions are just laying down the wood on the rest of the league. It doesn’t matter how long you hold this offense in check, with the caliber of talent on this team it’s only a matter of team before someone breaks off a big play. Aaron Rodgers hasn’t always had full support after the Favre breakup but he sure as heck earned it, and I’m happy to have him under center for the long run.

So is it possible? Three champions in the same state…in the same year? I think so.

Could the NL MVP(s), the NFL MVP and the Heisman trophy winner all from Wisconsin? It’s not just possible, it’s very plausible.

So soak it in this year sports fans. Don’t take a single game for granted, because this is as good as it gets.