LIVE BLOG: Wisconsin basketball at Minnesota

The giraffe is back.

According to fellow Minnesota native Jordan Taylor, junior forward Jon Leuer’s teammates refer to the Orono native as either a giraffe or llama. Whatever you call him, he’s in uniform and ready to play tonight in his home state.

With “The Barn” being a place that’s always tough for Wisconsin, Leuer’s return couldn’t have come at a better time for the Badgers. They need every bit of his 6-foot-10 frame to take a win back home to Madison.

Minnesota swept the season series a year ago from Wisconsin, and with the two teams only meeting once this season, you can be sure head coach Bo Ryan’s squad does not want to go home empty-handed. Especially with four Minnesota natives (Taylor, Leuer, Jared Berggren and Mike Bruesewitz) on the roster.

As usual, The Badger Herald is in attendance and we’re proud to provide you with unparalleled live blog coverage of tonight’s action. Sure, you could simply watch tonight’s game on ESPN, but why not watch and interact with our writers?

Please join Managing Editor Michael Bleach, Sports Editor Jordan Schelling and BH alum Ben Solochek as they combine to give you play-by-play and color commentary on tonight’s Border Battle matchup between Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Scroll down for the live blog.