Badgers vs. Wildcats Blog

5:28 – It’s over. 72-55 is your final. Check the BH for more details soon.
5:26 – Walkers out, Beasley’s not hitting anything and the Badgers are winning big. It’s 72-55 with 1:18 left to play. Wisconsin is going to get out of here with a win and advance to the Sweet Sixteen.

4:52 – Double technicals were issued to Butch and Bill Walker after some contact following a basket. Probably should’ve just been a warning, but Butch is sitting with 3 fouls as is Landry. Stiemsma is playing with three too. The lead is 54-41 Badgers with 11:44 left. Kansas State is getting frustrated which either makes them likely to self-implode….or to go on a 10-0 run. Beasley watch: 19 points, 10 rebounds, 2 fouls.

4:41 – Flowers makes a great pass to Hughes for a 3-pointer and with 15 minutes left to play Wisconsin leads 49-35. Landry picked up foul No. 3 though and Beasley has an offensive rebound and a basket. He’s got 19 of KSU’s 35 points.

4:08 – Halftime. Badgers lead 39-33 thanks largely to Mike Flowers’ three made 3-pointers. Problem for UW is fouls. Butch, Stiemsma, Krabbenhoft, and Landry each have two. Beasley watch: 6-13 shooting, 17 points, 5 rebounds, 1 foul.

3:58 – UW leads 32-22 with 3:45 to go, but Landry and Krabbenhoft each have 2 fouls trying to cover Beasley. Beasley watch: 4-10 for 10 points, 2 steals, 3 rebounds, 1 foul.

3:47 – The Badgers are fired up right now. A couple of big 3-pointers have made it 26-16 UW with 7:17 to go in the half. Beasley watch: 4-9 for 10 points…1 foul.

3:36 – Stiemsma gets a hoop and a foul and its 15-12 Badgers with 11:41 left. This K-State team is really trying to push the ball down the court, but Wisconsin keeps slowing it down. Beasley watch: 4-7 from the field…8 points…1 foul.

3:27 – Four minutes in and looks like its going to be a good one. KSU is getting too many offensive rebounds for the Badgers’ taste and lead 6-4 with 15:56 left. Beasley watch: Landry’s guarding him with a little help from Butch…he’s got 2 points and a foul on 1-3 shooting.

3:12 – We’re about ten minutes before tipoff and the arena is starting to fill up. As expected there’s a lot of purple here, but there’s a pretty good Badger contingent here too. The X factor in the battle for the crowd’s support? Kansas fans. The Jayhawks play the second game here today and it’ll be interesting to see whether all the KU fans in attendance see it as a chance to pull for their homestate team…or against their in state rival.

2:00 – It’s day two of games here in Omaha and we’ll be blogging live once again when Wisconsin takes on Kansas State with a trip to the Sweet Sixteen on the line. The game’s set to start in about an hour and we’ll have live updates throughout the contest.

NCAA: www.ncaa.com