Badgers back in the AP Top 10

With a pair of road wins last week over Illinois and Ohio State, UW moved up one spot in both polls. The Badgers are ninth in the ESPN/USA Today poll and tenth in the AP poll.

After beating in-state rival Memphis Saturday, Tennessee is a unanimous No. 1 in the coaches’ poll and collected all but three first place votes in the AP Poll (UNC got two and UCLA got the other).

AP Top Ten: Tennessee, Memphis, North Carolina, UCLA, Texas, Kansas, Duke, Stanford, Xavier, Wisconsin

Coaches Top Ten: Tennessee, North Carolina, Memphis, UCLA, Texas, Duke, Kansas, Stanford, Wisconsin, Georgetown

With the win Sunday, Wisconsin sits atop the Big Ten by a 1/2 game over Purdue and Indiana. They are also the highest ranked Big Ten team again this week.

Indiana moved up three spots in the AP and two in the coaches to 12th in both polls. Michigan State moved up two spots in the coaches’ poll to 15th but remained the same in the AP at 19th. After losing to Indiana last week Purdue dropped two spots in the AP to 16th and four spots in the coaches to 19th.

Wisconsin only has one game this week at home against Michigan State Thursday night. UW has never lost to MSU at home under Bo Ryan so far.