Wisconsin vs. Tennessee

11:03 (EST) Taylor Mehlhaff’s kick is downed in the endzone for a touchback. Tennessee will start at its own 20.

11:04 UT runningback Adrian Foster breaks a nice gain on first down, but it is brought back due to a holding penalty.

11:06 Wisconsin misses out on forcing a turnover early as Daevery McFadden drops an easy interception on third down. The Badgers nonetheless force a three-and-out and take over on their own 40 after a 41-yard punt.

11:08 Starting his fourth consecutive game, Zach Brown picks up eight yards on a first down handoff.

11:09 On third down, quarterback Tyler Donovan connects with Paul Hubbard for a would-be first down, but Hubbard fumbles and the ball is recovered by Tennessee at their own 34.

11:11 Tennessee quarterback Erik Ainge hits Denarius Moore, who wiggles free from Nettles and gains 40 yards deep into Wisconsin territory.

11:14 Arian Foster takes a pitch and beats Nick Hayden and O’Brien Schofield to the corner to pick up 10 yards to the 3-yard line.

11:15 Lined up at quarterback, Tennessee wide receiver Gerald Jones keeps the ball on a draw, breaks initial contact by Schofield and finds the endzone for a touchdown.

PAT good. 7-0 Tennessee, 9:49 left in first quarter.

11:20 Wisconsin bounces right back, as David Gilreath breaks a 60-yard return on the Tennessee kickoff. Thanks to a personal foul facemask penalty on Britton Colquitt, The Badgers started their drive on the 22-yard line.

11:23 The Badgers have the ball inside the 2-yard line, facing third and goal after Zach Brown picks up eight yards on second down.

11:25 A Zach Brown touchdown run is taken off the board because of an illegal shift penalty on the Badgers that backs them up to the 7-yard line.

11:29 Donovan can’t find anyone open and escapes pressure up the middle to scramble for a diving touchdown. The quarterback was slow to get up after the play, as he took a nasty helmet-to-helmet hit on the dive.

Mehlhaff’s PAT is good. 7-7, 7:33 left in the first quarter.

11:32 Donovan is being looked at by the Wisconsin training staff on the sideline. He appears to be fine.

11:35 Running right, Montario Hardesty breaks a couple of Wisconsin tackles and picks up a big gain into Wisconsin territory at the 44-yard line.

11:37 Attempting a Fumble-rooskie play, Lennon Creer fumbles for Tennssee and the ball is recovered by Nick Hayden at the 15-yard line for Wisconsin.

11:38 Seeing his first action of the game, P.J. Hill picks up five yards on 1st-and-15 following a false start penalty.

11:40 With pressure right in his face, Donovan connects with Garrett Graham for a first down to the 28-yard line.

11:42 Tennessee is getting a heavy dose of P.J. Hill on this drive, as he has helped move the Badgers to midfield with three runs over seven yards.

11:44 Unhappy with what he sees before third and four, UW head coach Bret Bielema calls a timeout to talk it over with his offense.

11:47 Robert Ayers busts past Gabe Carimi and mauls Donovan for a 7-yard loss on a sack. Wisconsin is forced to punt and Ken DeBauche’s kick is returned to the 14-yard line.

11:49 At the end of the first quarter, Tennessee and Wisconsin are tied, 7-7. Tennessee faces a third and 11 when the game resumes.

11:50 No offense to either Tyler Donovan or Erik Ainge, but neither is the best quarterback in Raymond James Stadium this afternoon. Joe Montana is on hand to take in the game, and just presented the high school quarterback of the year award named after him.

11:53 Ainge picks on Ben Strickland and hits Gerald Jones for a 19 yard pickup and a first down at the 30-yard line.

11:56 Montario Hardesty takes a draw up the middle for a pickup of 11 yards to the UT 45.

11:58 Ainge overshoots Austin Rodgers down the near sideline on third down, forcing another Tennessee punt. Gilreath fair catches it at the 11.

12:03 Donovan completes a pass just short of the marker to Garrett Graham and is in pain again. Wisconsin will punt and DeBauche hits a good kick. Dennis Rogan returns the ball to the Tennessee 41-yard line.

12:05 Ainge hits Rodgers over the middle for a 20-yard gain down to the Badgers’ 29-yard line.

12:07 Josh Briscoe gets loose in the Wisconsin secondary and Ainge finds him for a touchdown. Safety Aubrey Pleasant was badly beat on the play and Briscoe was wide open for the 29-yard score.

PAT good. 14-7 Tennessee, 9:45 remaining in the first half.

12:09 David Gilreath returns Britton Colquitt’s kickoff out past the 20-yard line to the 22.

12:11 Paging Allan Evridge. Scrambling after finding no one open, Tyler Donovan went down awkwardly. Donovan tried to get up, but eventually fell back down to the field at the 20-yard line. It appears to be a left leg injury for the quarterback, who walks off the field gingerly under his own power.

12:14 With as tough as Donovan has proved himself to be over the course of the season, you can never count him out. That said, the fall did look pretty painful.

12:16 A middle screen to Zach Brown is incomplete, and Wisconsin will be forced to punt from deep in its own end. DeBauche hits a pretty good kick and Rogan returns it 10 yards to midfield.

12:19 Ainge bootlegs left and hits Denarius Moore for a first down pickup.

12:20 Ainge connects with tight end Brad Cottam for a 31-yard touchdown reception.

PAT good. 21-7 Volunteers, 6:15 remaining in the second quarter.

12:23 Donovan is back in at quarterback for the Badgers and takes another big hit as he completes a pass to Garrett Graham. The hit was deemed roughing the passer, however, and the Badgers pick up 15 yards from the end of the play.

12:26 Donovan hits Graham on a middle screen and he picks up 11 yards to set up a third and two at the 33-yard line.

12:27 P.J. Hill staggers and spins his way for eight yards to the 26-yard line for a UW first down.

12:28 Donovan takes a hit and completes a pass to Kyle Jefferson inside the 10-yard line to the seven.

12:30 Donovan rolls right and throws all the way across the field to a wide-open Andy Crooks for a touchdown.

Mehlhaff’s PAT is good. 21-14 Tennessee, 1:03 left in the first half.

12:32 Rogan returns Mehlhaff’s kickoff to the 35 thanks to some sloppy arm tackling by the Badgers.

12:33 Matt Shaughnessy knocks down Ainge’s pass attempt with 25 seconds left in the half. Ainge’s third down pass is also incomplete, which forces Tennessee to punt. Wisconsin should get a shot with the ball, if they choose.

12:34 Colquitt hits a 55-yard punt that stops at the Wisconsin 12-yard line. The Badgers will be content to go to halftime trailing only by seven, as Donovan takes a knee and runs the clock out.

Halftime. 21-14 Tennessee.

1:00 Just about ready for kickoff here in the second half. Wisconsin will receive and operate on offense going north to south, with the wind. Britton Colquitt has the ball teed up and we’re underway. Gilreath returns Colquitt’s kick to the 23-yard line.

1:03 Donovan gets some time thanks to a blitz pickup by Brown and hits Jefferson on a crossing route for a first down at the 40-yard line.

1:06 Donovan escapes pressure up the middle for six yards, bringing up third and four at the UW 45.

1:07 Donovan’s third down pass attempt is knocked down at the line of scrimmage, forcing a UW punt. Rogan returns the ball to the 25 for Tennessee.

1:09 With heavy pressure in his face from DeAndre Levy, Ainge undershot a wide-open receiver in the flat, bringing up third down for the Volunteers.

1:10 Kirk DeCremer snuffs out a screen pass on third, forcing a Tennessee punt. Gilreath lets the ball bounce out of bounds at the UW 38-yard line.

1:14 Donovan rolls left and runs for seven yards on first down for Wisconsin.

1:16 The Wisconsin drive stalls out and the Badgers are forced to punt. DeBauche booms his punt into the endzone and Tennessee will take over at the 20.

1:20 With a blitz coming, Ainge unloads the pass quickly to Rogers for a 10 yard gain and a first down at the 36-yard line.

1:22 The Badgers blitz Ainge on third down and the pressure forces the quarterback to misfire on a pass intended for Briscoe. Tennessee punts and Gilreath gains 25 on the return out to the 46.

1:26 Lance Smith gives the Badgers a quick burst, running for 10 yards off right guard on first down.

1:28 On second and seven, Donovan misses an open Jefferson on a crossing route. On third down, he hits Jefferson, but the freshman drops it. UW is forced to punt, and DeBauche hits a beauty that is downed by Ben Strickland inside the 1-yard line.

1:31 It’s third and nine for UT from the 2-yard line, and Ainge hits Chris Brown for a short gain to the 6.
Tennessee is forced to punt.

1:32 Colquitt hits a great punt that is corralled by Gilreath at the 40, where the Badgers will take over.

1:35 P.J. Hill plows through the middle for a pickup of 11 yards.

1:38 Wisconsin is driving inside Tennessee territory at the 22-yard line. Brown rushes off left tackle for two yards to bring up third and three.

1:40 Hill is stuffed for no gain, bringing up third and five from the 10-yard line.

1:41 Smith is stopped on a pitch to the left, bringing up a field goal opportunity for Taylor Mehlhaff. The 27-yard kick is good.

21-17 Tennessee, Nine seconds remaining in the third quarter.

1:45 Mehlhaff’s kick goes into the endzone for a touchback. First and 10 Tennessee at their own 20.

1:46 Tennessee will have a third and 16 when the fourth quarter gets underway.

21-17 Tennessee end of third quarter.

1:47 Josh Briscoe finds a soft spot in the Wisconsin zone and Ainge hits him with a pass for a 20 yard gain and a first down at the 35-yard line.

1:51 On third down and eight, with a blitz coming Ainge hits Denarius Moore for a first down into Wisconsin territory.

1:53 Facing a fourth and three from the 33, Tennessee elects to go for it and completes a pass to Gerald Jones 10 yards and a first down.

1:55 In at quarterback, Jones keeps the ball on an option on third down and is tackled well short of the first down. Daniel Lincoln’s kick is blocked by Elijah Hodge and recovered by Ben Strickland at the Wisconsin 27-yard line.

2:02 On second and five from the 31, Hill breaks a huge run for 50 yards down inside the 20-yard line of Tennessee.

2:04 Taking the ball on an end-around, Smith has no where to go and loses three yards back to the original line of scrimmage.

2:05 Fourth and two from the 10 upcoming for the Badgers…

2:06 Donovan rolls right then left and and can’t find anyone open as his desperation pass sails out of the endzone incomplete. Turnover on downs for the the Badgers.

2:08 On second down for the Volunteers, Ainge rolls out left and misses his intended receiver on the play.

2:09 Inside of five minutes now left in the game, Tennessee is on the drive with the ball at the 35-yard line facing third and four. With only one timeout remaining, Wisconsin needs a third down stop here.

2:12 Ainge hits Briscoe on a rollout pass and he takes it into Wisconsin territory. The ball came loose on the play and was ruled to be recovered by Wisconsin’s Jay Valai, but the play is currently under review.

2:14 It appears as if Valai was out of bounds when he recovered the ball. This call could get overturned.

2:17 After a lengthy review, the call is reversed and Tennessee is given the ball at the 40-yard line. With 3:19 remaining, Tennessee can more or less run out much of the remaining clock.

2:19 Tennessee calls a timeout with 1:38 remaining in regulation, facing a third and 15.

3:50 Wisconsin had a shot at the end of the game, getting the ball into Tennessee territory with under 30 seconds remaining, but Tyler Donovan was intercepted by Antonio Wardlow at the goal line and Tennessee was able to kneel the ball once to end the game.

Final score: Tennessee 21-Wisconsin 17.