Kerry and the Global Test

A while back, Senator John F. Kerry discussed the idea of U.S. troops being killed in Bosnia and made some rather interesting comments. This was another mission in which then President Bill Clinton did not seek U.N. approval to clean up the mess that Europe refused to take care of. We have not yet won the peace in that region from the war that Clinton and Wesley Clark conducted, but of course, we don’t hear about this from Kerry or the media wing of the Democratic party.

Kerry, perhaps giving us further insight as to what he means by the “global test”, had this to say when making his comments (Washington Post):

In 1994, discussing the possibility of U.S. troops being killed in Bosnia, he said, “If you mean dying in the course of the United Nations effort, yes, it is worth that. If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no.”

Do we really want this guy being commander in chief of our armed forces? Does he understand that the U.S. Constitution grants us sovereignty over our military decisions? We have seen a consistent pattern of questionable behavior from Kerry over the years, both in his words and actions. Knowing this, questioning his ability to lead during time of war is both legitimate and prudent.