Newsweek Rejects Kitty Kelly Book Claims

Newsmax is reporting today that Newsweek has rejected the Kitty Kelly book because “a key allegation in the book coudln’t be nailed down.” The allegation is the one Deters refered to in an early entry that new cocain rumors about Bush were about to surface. Apparently Kelley’s only source is Bush’s former sister in law who Newsweek’s Harold Fineman suggest “may have her own motive for things.” When even Newsweek is rejecting anti-Bush claims you really need to question their validity.

On another note I went to the first meeting of the College Republicans yesterday and I coudln’t beleive how many people showed up. The meeting was held in a Grainger lecture hall that the CR’s anticipate would be large enough but the crowd seemed to be at least double the room’s capacity with the stairwells and entranceways completely packed. This tells me that the Bush base is energized and ready to go. I am sure that College Democrats at this school get at least as large a crowd at there meetings but the proportionaly growth in attendence at the CR meeting certianly says something about the fact that the Republicans are now out and proud to be Republican which certainly hasn’t been the case on this campus for a long time. If the two campaigns keep running the way they have been running I am certain that the Bush base will continue to grow while the Kerry base will continue to stagnate.

If Kerry is lucky his recent hiring of former Clinton thugs such as James Carville and Paul Begala will get his campaign turned around. It is more likely that the American people, already tiring of the lefts baseless attacks on the President, will grow more disgusted.