RNC Heats Up

Coming in to day four I don’t see how the Bush Campaign or the RNC could have hoped for a better convention thus far. Monday night’s performances by McCain and Rudy, two moderate Republicans, gave moving endorsements of the commander in chief. On Tuesday night Arnold blew the roof off The Garden. Last night’s speech by Zel Miller, Clinton’s ’92 keynote speaker, gave a chilling disaproval of the Democratic nominee. Anyone planning on voting for Kerry needs to seriosuly reasses their decision after hearing a life long Democratic say “There is but one man to whom I am willing to entrust their future and that man’s name is George Bush.”

The stage is set for Bush tonight to offer an address that promises to be “future oriented,” “optimistic” and “visionary,” and I suspect it will be. Bush will tell the country how he plans to keep our vibrant economy on the upswing and how he will ensure our troops are equiped with more than spitballs to defend our families.

One must wonder why Foxnews beat out all the networks and more than tripled CNN on convention viewership. I’ll leave analysis on this for a future post.

Meanwhile the Kerry surrogates are out trying to counter the RNC. Dean was told people in Wisconsin that we need to remove the Republicans so they will “stop borrowing and spending, borrowing and spending, borrowing, and spending” and “giving tax money to Enron and Halliburton.” Where is the substance to the Kerry campaign? Sound desperate to anyone?

Its almost amusing to watch Kerry try to save his campaign. The presidential hopeful Vietnam Vet’s speach to the American Legion yesterday was met with silence broken up by the occassional reserved applause. As Bush is watching all the pieces falling into place to ensure his reelection Kerry is wondering when his post convention boost is going to kick in. The answer Mr Kerry: never, you’re campaign is history. The election is Dubya’s to lose.