LIVE BLOG: Wisconsin vs. Minnesota-Duluth

Welcome to the Badger Herald live blog. I’m Brett Sommers, Statistics Editor at the Badger Herald, alongside Associate Sports Editor Kelly Erickson and Badger Herald alum and former men’s hockey beat writer Adam Holt. We will be bringing you all of tonight’s action between Wisconsin and No.1 Minnesota-Duluth from the Kohl Center.

Wisconsin (7-8-1, 4-7-1 WCHA) enters play with a chance to get back to .500, not an easy task against No.1 Duluth (11-3-2, 9-2-1 WCHA) which is on a 12 game unbeaten streak since starting the season 1-3. The Badgers’ last series over Thanksgiving weekend was a sweep of Mercyhurst, and the Bulldogs swept Michigan Tech on the road last weekend. We will keep an eye on Wisconsin sophomore forward Mark Zengerle as he looks to extend his 15 game point streak. Duluth is led by Jack Connolly who has 25 points so far this season.

A Badgers win tonight would also give Wisconsin head coach Mike Eaves the 200th victory of his Badger coaching career,

Stay tuned for all of tonight’s action and see if the Badgers can take down another No.1 opponent.