Diablo to set Sylvee aflame with Alison Wonderland, Dillon Francis

Producers join forces to blaze Sylvee audience with sound
Neil Favila

Following the rest students received after the university shut down, things are ready to be hot at The Sylvee Thursday evening with a triple bill of Dillon Francis, Alison Wonderland and Diablo.

The evening combines this trio of talented DJs and producers to create a high energy mix of music, dancing and fun.

Noname stuns Madison on last stop of ‘Room 25’ tour

Diablo is the youngest of the trio, a 22-year-old producer born in Ecuador and raised in south Florida. Starting with Ski Mask, Diablo collaborated with many local artists in Florida following his passion for producing in high school.

“The scene was exploding that we didn’t even know yet that we were creating,” Diablo said. “I linked up with Smokepurpp, another big artist in Florida, then he linked me up with Lil Pump, who is to date one of the biggest artists and collaborators I work with.”

As a producer, Diablo takes a beat and determines which artists could create a stellar vocal over it. He then refines the details to create a finished product.

Sublime with Rome enchants sold-out Sylvee audience

While Diablo draws inspiration from many different sources, ultimately he is in control of his own original sound.

“When I’m creating my sound, I really don’t think about other artists,” Diablo said. “I’m inspired by other artists like Gorillaz — one of my favorite bands — and Daft Punk … When I’m creating music, it’s really just what’s in my head at the time.”

Diablo’s relative youth in the profession is complemented by Wonderland and Francis’ experience. Wonderland and Francis have both made chart-topping records for the better part of the decade.

Boygenius, Bon Iver top list of best concerts this fall semester

Beyond their 15 stop tour, there is more collaboration on the horizon for Diablo, Francis and Wonderland.

“We’ve been working on a ton of stuff,” Diablo said. “I have an upcoming song with Dillon featuring another artist and I’ve been working with Alison as well. They’re both amazing artists.”

Diablo’s debut album, set to drop in March, will feature rappers Lil Pump and Ski Mask the Slump God, among others.

This fierce group is ready to set The Sylvee’s audience on fire.

Diablo will perform with Francis and Wonderland Thursday at 8 p.m. at The Sylvee. Tickets are $40.