Eclectic sounds from Papadosio to come to Madison this Saturday

Expectations of rock, electronic, jazz, more versatile sounds to breakthrough on Majestic stage
Courtesy of Majestic Madison

North Carolina-based band Papadosio will be returning to Madison Saturday, with support from guest group Evanoff.

Known for their engaging and high energy performances, Papadosio has a reputation in the music festival scene. Along with headlining their own tours around the country, they’ve performed at several festivals including Electric Forest, Summer Camp and Camp Bisco.

Formed in 2006 in Athens, Ohio, this five-man band produces the sound of electronic music, but with actual instruments. Their unique sound gives them an edge in today’s music scene, with tunes very different from others often heard — leaving listeners wanting to hear more.

Whethan brings atmostpheric vibes to ‘Life of a Wallflower’ Tour

Their current tour comes in support of their fifth and most recent full-length studio album titled Content Coma, released Sept. 7. The album provides a discourse on the prevalence of and inclination toward technology and social media in today’s world, and their own feelings towards this state of society in that regard.

The 12 track album goes all across the board as far as genre is concerned, with notes of rock, electronic, jazz and psychedelic.

This is the first time the group has professionally recorded, integrating various genres and sound qualities. Even with the increase in production quality — Papadosio manages to stay true to their sound.

Glitch Mob, Elohim bring maximum energy to The Sylvee

It’s evident that despite creating and playing music together for over a decade now, Papadosio continues to please and surprise their audience by maintaining that same sense of originality they have had since the beginning. This, paired with their renowned stimulating visual production should make for a captivating and maybe even out of body experience.

Opener and up-and-coming trio Evanoff should be a great performance to start the night as their music, similar to that of Papadosio, excels in creativity and varies in genre with clear elements of rock, electronic and in some tracks, funk.

Doors open at 8 p.m. this Saturday, Nov. 3 at Majestic Theatre. Tickets are on sale for $15 each.