5 Keys 4 UW

1. Crash the boards

-Minnesota is last among conference teams in rebounding defense, allowing opponents almost 36 rebounds per game. Going hard to the glass should translate into offensive rebounds and easy second-chance points for Wisconsin.

2. Stay fresh

-What Minnesota gives up in talent they make up in depth, as all but one player on their active roster averages at least nine minutes per game. Utilizing Wisconsin's own depth will be important.

3. Contain Tollackson

-When the Gophers visited the Kohl Center earlier this year, Spencer Tollackson scored 11 points before exiting late in the first half with a broken hand. Keeping him under wraps will go a long way toward earning the win.

4. Trust the scouting report

-For this one, the Badgers would be wise to look to the always-insightful Carl Spackler, "To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They're like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior firepower and superior intelligence."

5. Make a run

-In their last meeting, all hopes that the Gophers had of an upset were smashed during a 30-5 Badger run. A similar run would take the crowd out of the game and send Wisconsin well on their way to victory.