Best Place to Get Funky: The Majestic

Only a few years ago, Club Majestic was the talk of the town — for all the wrong reasons. Frequent bar fights and problems with underage drinking marred the venue’s reputation until its owners were forced to sell. Now under the watchful eye of new owners Matt Gerding and Scott Leslie, the Majestic Theater’s bad reputation is non-existent, and the venue’s mission harkens back to its glory days as a main source of entertainment in the city of Madison. Since 2007, the Majestic has become a major force in bringing renowned music acts to Madison at a location relatively accessible for students. And the venue brings variety; upcoming performances range from indie singer-songwriter Dave Barnes (March 7) to Gaelic Storm (March 11) to Lotus (April 3). Additionally, the Majestic served as one of the main locations for Forward Fest last September, hosting acts like Bob Mould, Flosstradamus and Mason Jennings, amongst many others. But the venue offers much in the way of events. indieQueer frequently turns to the Majestic as a location for its wildly popular iQ Discotech nights, and its ’80s vs. ’90s nights always draw considerably large crowds. Regardless of what type of entertainment you seek, the Majestic is a jack-of-all-trades and, by your vote, the best place to get your groove on.