In print and online… since 1969

This introduction appeared in the 2007 print version of the annual Bar & Dining Guide. You crunch a leaf beneath your shoe, and you breathe in the scent of fall carried on the breeze. As you start off on your walk again, a chance gust brings something flapping at your knees. Yes, it's that time of year again, the annual print edition of The Badger Herald's Bar & Dining Guide. Inside is a diverse selection of reviews — the latest and greatest, the holes-in-the-walls and a few old favorites. But that's not even the most exciting part. This year you will have an encyclopedia to go along with your field guide. (Sorry, now I'm just obfuscating to build suspense.) As of today, at badgerherald.com/guide, you'll find listings of each and every restaurant within walking distance of the UW campus and downtown Madison, and reviews of more than 60 venues. Disagree with a Herald review, or one your fellow visitor added? Write one yourself, or just tell the world how you really feel about that soggy doughnut in the comments section. If you're just looking for somewhere new to eat nearby, you can search for restaurants using a detailed map divided into sections. The guide currently features everything from maps and hours to phone numbers and payment options. We'll also be adding more content all the time. Are we missing something you need to make informed culinary decisions? Find your favorite hot dog stand not listed? Simply let us know at badgerherald.com/guide/contact. We want to hear your thoughts, and we hope you will continue to turn to The Badger Herald to feed your mind and stomach. Tim Williams ArtsEtc. Editor