In a Tweet Thursday, four star quarterback recruit Graham Mertz confirmed his commitment to Wisconsin.

The six-foot-four Kansas product led his high school, Blue Valley North, to a state title in his first varsity season. In the championship game, Mertz proved his ability to perform under pressure with a 24-30 completion-attempt ratio, punctuated by a final-minute title-winning touchdown drive to secure the first ‘ship in the program’s history.

Mertz is currently the fourth ranked pro-style quarterback in the 2019 class, according to 247 Sports. This is up from their February ranking, in which he placed ninth.

Graham Mertz: The answer at quarterback?Playing quarterback for the University of Wisconsin Badgers is a good gig. Fans will treat any completed pass like they Read…

Badger fans that followed the high school junior on Twitter were subjected to many fraught moments. For the past few months, Mertz has kept the college football world on its toes with his seemingly endless updates of new, elite universities offering him a spot in their programs.

Mertz, however, never wavered from his commitment to the Cardinal and White, and now Badger fans everywhere are looking forward to the day when he will surely take the keys of the offense.