University of Wisconsin forward Ethan Happ was named to the All-Conference Team Monday night by the Big Ten.

Happ was designated a first-team all-Big Ten member by the media and a second-team selection by the coaches. This is Happ’s second consecutive first-team distinction.

This season, on a Wisconsin team struggling with injuries to key players like D’Mitrick Trice and Kobe King and relying on a youthful roster, Happ was the only player in the country to lead his team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. Although he was already a great passer, Coach Greg Gard has been relying on Happ more and more as a playmaker. The redshirt junior set his career mark for assists this season, averaging 3.8 per game to complement his 17.8 points per game — also a career high.

Happ isn’t the only Badger being recognized by the conference this season. True freshman guard Brad Davison was named to the All-Freshman Team. Davison averaged 12.1 points, 2.5 assists and 2.2 rebounds over 31 games this season. Davison only got better as the year progressed, and he finished off with a monster 30-point outing against No. 2 Michigan State University.

Men’s Basketball: Please, just let me talk myself into a Big Ten Tournament victoryThe last time the Badgers didn’t make the NCAA Tournament, Badger fans were able to spend March watching the last Read…

Aaron Moesch was also named an All-Big Ten Sportsmanship Award nominee. Moesch was one of the three seniors honored on Senior Day last Sunday at the Kohl Center. The former walk-on averaged a career-high 6.2 minutes per game this season and drained 100 percent of his three point shots — (2-2) on the season.

Other notable names featured on the list includes Michigan State’s Miles Bridges and Ohio State’s Keita Bates-Dior, who were both selected by unanimous vote by both the coaches and the media to the first-team all-Big Ten.