Winning: NCAA ranks UW top college football town in America

Madison bested Michigan, Ohio and Alabama
Herald File Photo

The National Collegiate Athletic Association released their rankings of the top college football towns in America, and University of Wisconsin has been hailed the best place in America to be on game day.

There’s no shortage of red Saturdays, as the school spirit of UW is unlike anywhere else. From 7:00 a.m. alarms, red lipstick, Badger tattoos and an afternoon nap that’ll make you wonder where your day went, home football games are filled with festivities that make the Madison atmosphere unique.

With traditions like Jump Around and the Wisconsin band’s leading of the fifth quarter, Badgers fans are engaged throughout the football games in the beloved Camp Randall Stadium. With Bucky bringing the high energy students feed off of, the overwhelming hype is felt inside and outside the stadium.

It also doesn’t hurt that the Badgers football team is consistently ranked in the Associated Press Top 25.

Other schools listed included Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Michigan and Ohio State (take that, Buckeyes).

Along with this, UW has been ranked the eighth and third best party school by Playboy and Princeton Review, respectively, and the eleventh best public school by U.S. News and World Report.

https://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2015/09/14/win-or-lose-we-still-booze-uw-down-six-spots-in-playboy-ranking/

If students don’t have tickets to the game, Union South along with many campus bars serve as venues where students can cheer their favorite football team on.

But there’s nothing like the large dedication students have to tailgating like each home football game is the university’s last.