Badgers, set your alarms: Football season tickets on sale Monday

Wisconsin football has sold out student section for 20 straight years
Badger Herald File Photo

The day that rivals Christmas, your birthday and the last day of classes put together is right around the corner.

Undergraduate student season tickets for Wisconsin football go on sale Monday morning at 7:30 a.m, and to avoid being the one that doesn’t secure tickets for this upcoming Wisconsin football season, here is what you need to know about the big day.

For those who have not purchased student season tickets in the past, the process can be stressful — but once you’re out of the waiting room, it’s over in a matter of minutes.

Last season it took two hours for the tickets to sell out, but the process is usually over in less than an hour. Students can begin to log into their ticket accounts at 7 a.m., and the tickets go on sale at 7:30 a.m.

First-year students should activate their ticket accounts on uwbadgers.com using their student ID before Monday morning, and it is also recommended that returning students log into their accounts before Monday morning to make sure that all information is correct.

When 7:30 a.m. arrives, students can begin to purchase tickets and are directed to a virtual waiting room. Once in the waiting room, students will be selected at random, as space allows, to enter the flow to actually purchase the tickets.

Since there are only 14,000 student seats at Camp Randall, every student who wants to buy tickets is not guaranteed to get them.

However, if a person gets out of the waiting room and enters the flow to purchase tickets, they can also purchase tickets for other parties if they have others’ login information. If the undergraduate tickets sell out Monday, it would mark the 21st year in a row in which all tickets are purchased.

Graduate and professional students, who get 1,700 of the 14,000 student spots, will be able to buy tickets July 10 at 7:30 a.m.

Season tickets for the seven home Badgers games will cost $168, along with a $20 processing fee. For more information on student season tickets, go to uwbadgers.com.