Wisconsin softball looks to keep winning streak alive against Nebraska

The Wisconsin softball team will put its 13-game win streak on the line Wednesday as Nebraska comes for Madison for the first time in program history.

Wisconsin (30-15, 12-5 Big Ten) has a chance to jump Nebraska (36-13, 14-4) in the conference standings in a doubleheader, as the Badgers are a game-and-a-half behind the Cornhuskers.

History hasn’t treated Wisconsin well in its series with Nebraska as the Badgers have won just two of the 13 all time meetings with Cornhuskers. UW won one of three games with Nebraska last season.

Wisconsin is coming off of a three-game sweep of Purdue at home where the Badgers plated 15 runs and allowed just nine.

Senior third baseman Michelle Mueller led the offensive charge for the Badgers, batting .714 last week, and picked up four RBIs to bring her season total to 49.

Nebraska comes into Wednesday’s doubleheader riding a 10-game winning streak, coming in at second in the Big Ten standings.

The Cornhuskers brings an explosive offense to Madison ranking third in the Big Ten in team batting average (.300) and in extra-base hits with 133.

Nebraska balances its offense with a pitching staff that boasts a 1.96 ERA, good for third in the conference.

Wednesday will be the regular-season home finale for the Badgers and the second-to-last series of the regular season.

Wednesday’s game times have been moved to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. from the previous 3 p.m. start time for the opening game. Both games will be aired live on Big Ten Network.