Notes and quotes from Wisconsin-Wofford

Quotes:

Jon Leuer

On facing 7-footer Jeff Foote on Sunday against Cornell

“We’ve had a lot of different match-ups and we’ve played a lot of different styles. We just focus on what we’re going to do. We always want to get good shots and take care of the ball, and no matter who we’re playing, how big they are or how small they are, it’s about what we do.”

On knowledge of Cornell so far

“They’re a fundamentally sound team. They don’t make a lot of mistakes. We got to watch them a little bit today, and obviously, they have guys that can really shoot it. We’re going to have to come prepared and ready to go.”

Trevon Hughes

On knowledge of No. 12 seed Cornell, the Badgers’ next opponent

We don’t know much about them, but we know they’re a talented team. They gave Kansas early in the season a run for their money and Sherron Collins had to make a tough shot. Every team in the tournament is really tough, and they’re flying high with their confidence.

Notes:

— With the victory, head coach Bo Ryan earned his 600th coaching victory. He comes the 56th coach to reach that milestone and just the ninth active coach with 600 wins. Of those nine, only Roy Williams (.798) owns a better win percentage than Ryan (.765).

— Trevon Hughes and Jon Leuer combined for 39 points on 14-of-29 shooting and 10-of-11 from the free-throw line. The rest of the time scored only 14 points on 6-of-25 shooting and were only 2-for-8 from the charity stripe.

— The Badgers avoid suffering back-to-back losses for the firs time this season They remain the long Big Ten school not to have lost consecutive games this season. They improve to 8-0 following losses.

— Wisconsin committed four turnovers. This was the third straight game and ninth time overall in which the Badgers turned it over five times or fewer.

— The Badgers improve to 17-1 when holding their opponent to less than 45 percent shooting. Wofford shot 41.7 percent (20-of-48). They also improve to 13-0 when holding their opponent to less than 50 points.

— Since losing to Georgia State in the first round of the 2001 NCAA Tournament, Wisconsin has won eight of its last nine first-round games. Wisconsin’s lone loss in the span came in 2006, a 94-75 defeat at the hands of Arizona.